Metal Over Flat Retrofit Systems
Retrofitting over traditional flat or low slope roof system can be a more complex project than some recover systems, however there are many long tern advantages.
- Created a positive slope that carries the water to the ideal location, eliminates ponding water and the need for internal roof drains as well as correcting poor roof geometry.
- The International Building Code has an exception for retrofit metal roofing systems that does not require the removal of existing roof systems even when multiple layers are in place if the existing structure coupled with the retrofit design can handle the additional weight, in the case that the existing roof has two layers in place. This can be significant savings.
- By avoiding removal of the existing roof in most municipalities you will not be required to bring the building up to current energy codes which can offer significant savings.
- Economical and easy to add insulation methods.
- System offers the ability to add parapet walls to enhance the aesthetics of the roof and building.