Installing a steel roof is a terrific way to make your commercial building more energy efficient during these hot summer days and humid summer nights. A metal roof’s reflective property will radiate the sun’s heat instead of absorbing it, which will keep your building naturally cooler and in turn make your cooling expenses lower. This results in a lighter cooling load, and promotes an extended life for your air conditioning. In fact, studies have shown that building owners can save up to 20% on their cooling costs just by installing a steel roof.
The environmental benefits of metal roofing don’t just stop with your energy use. Other environmental benefits include:
- Metal roofs that are made with up to 95% recycled material.
- Eliminates the need of landfill disposal of old roofing.
- 100% recyclable.
- Reduces attic temperatures by up to 34%, keeping your building consistently cooler.
- Metal roofing is a big step in making your building LEED certified.
- A metal roof can make installation of solar panels much easier.
The weight of solar panels will be less of an issue due to the lightness of a metal roof, keeping the integrity of your roof intact.
Your metal roof will most likely outlast your solar panels, so panel instillation will only happen once.
Cost is significantly less to install solar panels on a metal roof.